How To Improve Your Writing Skills
Want to learn how to edit your own work and improve your writing skills at the same time?
Good news! It’s possible, and I’m here to tell you how.
Who Is This For?
My editing services are for budding writers, entrepreneurs, newbie bloggers, freelance writers, start-up extraordinaires, students, or regular humans of the world wanting to improve your writing skills. I’ll go through your articles with a fine-tooth comb to make sure your work is the best it can be, and teach you a bunch of skills at the same time so you can go it alone.
Why Choose Me?
There are loads of writing and editing services out there stating they’ll improve your work by 100-percent, but they generally charge you a lot, edit your work without giving you the tools you need to improve your writing skills, and offer generic advice that isn’t always specific to you and your work.
I’ve worked as a professional writer and editor for more than six years for a range of print and online magazines, websites, universities, academic journals, an academic book, a radio station, a global B2B travel company, and I’ve worked as an English tutor in Italy and Australia – my skills are very diverse, I provide advice and information that’s specific to your individual needs, and and I can help with whatever you require.
How It Works
You can be as involved in the editing process as you like. Whether I’m proofreading your articles or editing them, I can either send you an annotated version of the article with notes so you can look at all my changes and we can chat about them in person (if you’re in Vancouver) or virtually, or I can send you a publication-ready version with all the changes made and saved – it’s entirely up to you.
What I Offer
I’m happy to tailor services to meet your specific needs, but these are basic services for the first 1,000 words of any article – if your work is longer than that, contact me with the length and we’ll figure it out from there.
- Proofreading: $40/article
I’ll go through your work and check thoroughly for grammar and punctuation errors only.
- Editing: $90/article
I’ll go through your work and edit for syntax, grammar, content, punctuation, and phrasing, and add comments and tips to help you improve your writing skills.
- Consultations: $250/session
I’ll your take a look at your work, make edits, and we’ll have an in-depth conversation about how you can improve your technique, and the overall quality of your work.
What You’ll Get Out Of It
- Proofread: You’ll end up with an grammatically-correct piece of work to submit or distribute however you like.
- Edit: You’ll have one publication-ready piece of work that’s punctuated and phrased correctly, and communicates your message effectively. I’ll also add comments so you understand why certain things have been changed, and how to improve for next time.
– The skills and confidence to create work that needs minimal editing.
– In-depth feedback to improve your language skills and gain more of an ability to go it alone.
– The skills to solve structural issues yourself.
– You’ll learn how to think critically and constructively about your own work.
– One publication-ready piece of work.
– An understanding of how your writing appears from an outsiders perspective.
– Learn how to cater to your readers and provide them with insightful and well-structured articles.
If you’d like assistance with a series of articles, or you’d like on-going consultations (in person if you’re in Vancouver, or virtually if you’re elsewhere), these are the packages for you:
Consultation Package (5 weeks)
If you’re looking to improve your writing skills over a period of time, this one’s for you.
What you’ll gain:
- One hour-long consultation per week.
- 5 edited, publication-ready articles (we’ll work on them together).
- The skills to generate, proofread, and edit your own work, without assistance.
- Constant email communication (ask me anything, anytime, and I’ll get back to you within 12-hours).
Cost: $1,400 (valued at $1,700)
Editing Package (5 articles)
This one is basically if you want editing services on 5 articles, and can be used over the course of 6-months.
What you’ll gain:
- 5 edited, publication-ready articles.
- In-depth feedback after each article, with notes on how you can improve for next time.
- A deeper understanding of how to structure your writing, and how to use syntax, punctuation, and grammar to elevate your work.
Cost: $400 (valued at $450)
Feel free to contact me if you’d like something a bit different, or have any questions! I’m more than happy to adapt any service or package to suit your individual needs.
Pin It For Later